Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Love!

I think Valentine decor is my favorite to decorate for. I love it so much I start in January. 14 days in February just isn't enough...

The XOXO pendant from target is still one of my favorite decorations.

It is still January so I left my New Years decor up and just added to it... Closer to February I have plans to swap them out.

I kind of like the idea of tweaking my mantle instead of a total overhaul. Just swapped out the Christmas art and exchanged the anthropologie knock off snow globes with my winter village. I collected these little houses from Savers and then spray painted them white and added white glitter on top of the snow. Love! Then stuck two of them in apothecary jars for some height.

These nooks give me decorating anxiety. They are too deep and tall... It's a feet to get the proportions right without making it look too crazy.

I brought out my four shades of lipstick and went to town on a sheet of white paper. Then layered that on butcher paper and stick it in my spray painted frame. Found these teacups at Savers and I'm dying to find the entire china set. The geese measuring cups were a 'treat yourself' purchase when anthropologie had its winter sale! $12! What?!

I might need to call this the year of the silhouette. I got a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas and I'm smitten. I made these tickets from glitter paper and they are darling. Accented by anthropologie latte bowls. I die.

It was looking too busy in these nooks so I wrapped my cook books in brown paper which is actually floor cover from Home Depot. A super cheap option that will probably last me my entire life.

When anthropologie stuff goes in sale 75% off you end up with two sets of animal measuring cups. And I luff them all!

Happy Valentine's Day!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this, those colored bowls are the most adorable things I've seen.

    ReplyDelete